Become a Volunteer and Join the Celebrations!French press release >>>
Montreal, Monday, March 7, 2011 – Every year on the first weekend in June, some 3,700 volunteers contribute to the success of the Montreal Bike Fest, the world’s largest cycling festival offering eight days of activities enjoyed by nearly 75,000 people. Whether at the Tour la Nuit, with its 15,000 cyclists, or the Tour de l’Île de Montréal, with its 30,000 cyclists, the volunteers always add a friendly touch to the event and provide outstanding assistance to the organizers.
Volunteers can register for the Montreal Bike Fest events – Un Tour la Nuit (June 3) and the Tour de l’Île de Montréal (June 5) – either on line at veloquebec.info/benevole or by telephone at 514 521-8356, ext. 508.
By becoming a volunteer partner, organizations, companies, schools, social clubs, etc. benefit from high visibility and a memorable group experience.
Montreal Bike Fest volunteers provide one of the following services:
• safety monitoring by foot or by foot/by bicycle;
• general assistance in the relays or at the start and finish sites;
• first aid by bicycle;
• mechanic assistance by bicycle.
They enjoy many benefits:
• a Montreal Bike Fest volunteer t-shirt;
• lunch on the day of the event;
• access to the volunteer tent at the Tour de l’Île de Montréal finish site.
They are invited to the big Volunteer Party, an event held in their honour to thank them for their participation.
They stand to win:
• a $500 gift card or one of four $250 gift cards offered by Sports Experts;
• one of six $100 gift cards offered by Jean Coutu;
• one of 10 monthly CAM passes offered by the STM;
• one of 5 subscriptions to Géo Plein Air;
• one of 10 three-month subscription gift certificates offered by Énergie Cardio;
• one of 3 gift packs offered by Gaz Métro;
• one of 5 gift packs offered by Desjardins.
– 30 –
514 521-8356, ext. 508